Hole Making Tools
Milo Tools offers a massive selection of hole making tools ranging from drills for steel, stainless steel and general-purpose applications to ultra-high-performance tools for heat-resistant alloys, hardened steel and aluminium and non-ferrous materials.
Our range of hole making essentials includes brands like Nano-Mill, ZCC-CT, Europa Tool, Osborn and more. You’ll find tools in different lengths, diameters and flute length options.
Order now for next-day dispatch!
What Are Hole Making Tools Used For?
Hole making refers to a broad range of machining operations that, as the name suggests, involves cutting a hole into a workpiece using a rotary cutting tool — often in conjunction with other operations in machining a part. Machine shops and manufacturers use various cylindrical hole making tools, depending on the type of hole making operation required.
- Drilling: This is perhaps the most recognised hole making operation. Machinists use a drill bit rotating at high speeds to cut a blind or through hole in a workpiece.
- Reaming: Reaming is the process of enlarging the diameter of an existing hole to a high degree of accuracy, leaving behind smooth interior walls. The hole making tool used for this operation is known as a reamer.
- Tapping: This process involves adding threading to an existing hole, allowing it to be threaded with a bolt or cap screw.
- Boring: Unlike reamers, boring operations are done on a lathe or milling machine. This operation also enlarges the diameter of an existing hole.
- Countersinking / Counterboring: This type of hole making operation creates a cone-shaped or square shoulder opening on the top portion of an existing hole. Countersinking / counterboring is often used to create space for the head of a screw or other type of fastener.
Types of Hole Making Tools at Milo Tools
At Milo Tools, we offer the following types of drills and hole making tools.
- Solid Carbide Drills: These drills are designed for deep hole drilling on steel, stainless steel, hardened steel, titanium, aluminium and aluminium alloys.
- Countersinks / Counterbores: Our range of countersinks are ideal for machining hardened steel, stainless steel, cast iron, titanium, nickel, copper, brass and aluminium.
- Spot and Centre Drills: Choose from a range of HSSE and carbide spot and centre drills for spotting and creating precise holes.
- Spade Drill: We offer a selection of spade drills suitable for a wide range of cutting inserts.
- HSSE Drills: Choose from a wide range of HSSE drills with superior hardness, increased heat hardness and tempering resistance.
- Reamers: Explore our selection of precision reamers for finishing and enlarging holes.
- Indexable Drilling Systems: We carry a wide range of indexable drilling systems that accept various inserts.
What Our Clients Say
I have been dealing with Milo tools since their concept, over the years they have proven to be dedicated to customer service, not only through competitive pricing but a feeling that they are working for your best interests and not about maximizing profit. Absolute pleasure to deal with.Ian Cocker
Director at Ian Cocker Engineering Ltd
We have used Milo Tools for a number of years, we rely on them to supply quality cutting tools and associated engineering products some of which maybe from less well known manufacturers but all of excellent quality and so value for money.
The team at Milo Tools have an excellent attitude to our queries whether for a quote or advice on tooling.Angus McGuire
Production Manager at Dunbeath Engineering Ltd