for CNC and Manual Machines
Shop at Milo Tools to get a wide range of milling cutters for general purpose machining, high-performance variable helix milling cutters, milling cutters for machining hardened steel and milling cutters for machining aluminium.
Shop By Material
Shop By Type
Shop By Flute Geometry
Shop By Brand
What Our Clients Say
I have been dealing with Milo tools since their concept, over the years they have proven to be dedicated to customer service, not only through competitive pricing but a feeling that they are working for your best interests and not about maximizing profit. Absolute pleasure to deal with.Ian Cocker
Director at Ian Cocker Engineering Ltd
We have used Milo Tools for a number of years, we rely on them to supply quality cutting tools and associated engineering products some of which maybe from less well known manufacturers but all of excellent quality and so value for money.
The team at Milo Tools have an excellent attitude to our queries whether for a quote or advice on tooling.Angus McGuire
Production Manager at Dunbeath Engineering Ltd
Explore Precision Cutting Tools and Equipment By Brand
What Are Milling Machine Cutters?
A milling cutter is a tool used for milling operations. It can be attached to a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine or manual milling machine and CNC lathes with live tooling features. When working, the milling cutter rotates at high speed to remove material from the surface of a metal or workpiece. The milling machine moves horizontally or laterally while the spindle, which holds the cutting tool, moves vertically to draw the cutting device along the surface of the material.
What Are Milling Cutters Used For?
Unlike drills, which can only move up and down to cut round holes through solid materials, milling cutters are typically used to cut flat or slanted surfaces in a horizontal or lateral direction. They are also used to create irregular features on workpieces, such as slots, channels, columns and fins, among many others. At Milo Tools, our milling cutters are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes, giving you enough options to machine any custom part to your specific tolerances.
Types of Milling Tools at Milo Tools
- General Purpose Milling Cutters: As the name implies, the milling cutters cover tools for basic machining operations.
- Variable Helix Milling Cutters: Variable helix cutting tools have lower radial forces, allowing them to cut through more material at lower vibrations.
- Aluminium & Non-Ferrous Milling Cutters: These mills are designed for milling operations involving aluminium and boast outstanding chip control and surface finish.
- Heat-Resistant Alloys Milling Cutters: These milling cutters are made with specialised materials designed for machining heat-resistant superalloys.
- Hardened Steel Milling Cutters: These milling cutters are designed for machining hardened materials up to 68HRC.