Milo Tools offers a massive range of high-performance indexable milling tools and systems, including indexable face milling, profile milling, high feed milling, chamfer milling, square shoulder milling, slot milling and T-slot milling systems. We offer indexable milling bodies and inserts ranging from 12mm to 315mm in diameter.
Explore our product catalogue to find milling systems for a wide variety of manufacturing applications, from general-purpose machining to working with materials difficult to machine. Order now for next-day dispatch!
What Are Indexable Milling Tools?
Indexable milling tools are cutting tools that typically comprise inserts or tips, where the cutting edge is a replaceable insert that is clamped to a tool body. Indexable milling systems are often used in milling, hole-making and turning operations. While indexable milling tools are usually more expensive than solid round tools, this higher price tag is often offset by their superior durability. When a replacement is needed, a new insert can be “indexed” to provide a fresh edge — hence the name, “indexable milling tool”. Tips and inserts can also be rotated or used interchangeably to extend their lifespan. Machinists simply need to keep the tool holder or cutter in place and attach an insert with the appropriate grade for the specific material on hand.
At Milo Tools, we offer the following types of indexable milling systems:
- Face Mills: Also known as shell mills, these circular milling tools are used for “facing” — the process of surfacing a large flat surface.
- Profile Mills: These mills are used to rough or finish mill vertical or slanted surfaces.
- High Feed Mills: These tools are used for machining over three times faster than conventional techniques, using a small depth of cut and high feed rates.
- Chamfer Mills: Also known as chamfer cutters, these mills remove sharp edges and leave behind a sloped edge — or what’s known as a chamfer.
- Square Shoulder Mills: Used to mill “true” 90-degree shallow shoulders. These mills are capable of creating two faces simultaneously.
- Slot Mills: These are usually designed for general slotting applications, ideal for all metalworking.
- T-Slot Mills: These indexable milling tools are designed for machining high-strength materials with a hardness of up to 40 RC.
What Our Clients Say
I have been dealing with Milo tools since their concept, over the years they have proven to be dedicated to customer service, not only through competitive pricing but a feeling that they are working for your best interests and not about maximizing profit. Absolute pleasure to deal with.Ian Cocker
Director at Ian Cocker Engineering Ltd
We have used Milo Tools for a number of years, we rely on them to supply quality cutting tools and associated engineering products some of which maybe from less well known manufacturers but all of excellent quality and so value for money.
The team at Milo Tools have an excellent attitude to our queries whether for a quote or advice on tooling.Angus McGuire
Production Manager at Dunbeath Engineering Ltd